Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com Nonsensicallyingenius: YIP-FUCKING-EEEEEE!!!!!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

YIP-FUCKING-EEEEEE!!!!!

Hello there, again! So Dawn's down in the dumps, right? Dawn just gets back from her second interview, and looses all motivation. I was intimidated... I have no more friends to borrow money from... being addicted to drugs led me to exaust all those resources. (plus Rachael... I don't have 17 friends... I don't even have 7. Hee hee, kidding) I'm living rent-free with my parents, who are feeding me as well.... Regardless..... You gotta hear the latest.

I'm sitting here yesterday, screwing around on the computer, talking to my buddy in Iraq, figuring this day care thing probably won't work. My little sister hands me the phone: "It's Mill Avenue Daycare..." --damn it!!! Mother fu...-- "hello?" The director was just checking on my progress on my mile long list of things to do. She wanted to know if I could bring some of the stuff in today. I'm freaking... I felt bad for giving up, and told her as soon as my mom gets back, we'll try to get some of that stuff done. Whatever... sit down... play on the computer... she calls back twenty minutes later! She tells me that all she really needs to get my application processed through the corporate offices, is a copy of my fingerprint card, and the money order to get the actual clearance card, and the Affidavit notarized. She said she has a current employee who has been in the GED classes online for five months (like she's actually trying; five months, come on!!) and while she was on the phone with me, had one of her girls go and get the name of the place she contacted. She asked again, if I would be able to bring this stuff in today. Holy shit!! I was so excited! She called me twice in half an hour, and really seems to want me to work with her!!!

So when mom gets back, like right as I got off the phone, I'm jumping and screaming... I was so excited. We almost immediately went down to the doctor's office, cause mom made me an appointment to get my TB shot... got that out of the way! Then we went and got the paper notarized at the bank. The lady didn't even charge us!!! We were going to get the money order there, but she told us that it's five dollars for one, as opposed to 99 cents at your local Circle K. Awesome, thank you!! So we go to Circle K... the lady says: next door they're only 49 cents... Whatever, I need cigarettes, too. We got it there. I took all the stuff down, and she was stoked. She copied all my shits, I told her I got my TB shot...great. I was telling her about how I was super- disappointed, cause I figured the GED thing would screw me. I have an appointment to take a placement test, and get enrolled into a class , next Thursday. She said, "Alright, well... we'll just let that slide." HOW GOOD ARE THINGS GOING FOR ME TODAY???!!! Sweet.

...Now... On both my interviews I wore a long sleeved shirt. (yes the temperature IS above 100...) This time, I figure, I better get this thing on my wrist out there in the open, so if they want to change their minds, go ahead. (I'll stop trying to fool myself, they have already seen it.) I just wanted it to be RIGHT THERE. She fills out the cover sheet for my application, which she has to fax to the "man", and takes me into this little back room, to explain everything to me. "We put you in as a teacher. Let's say your start date will be... this Friday. You'll be starting at $8.25."------What the fuck did you just say to me!!!?????? Eight twenty-five at a fucking day care? This is completely unheard of!!!! ( for those of you who have worked in day cares, and this sounds normal... I have not been this lucky. I was expecting, at most, seven dollars. AT MOST.)-------- So, she goes over all this, and then says, as we're both kneeling at a table, "Sign here, date here, social security number here." Okay, guys, here's the moment of truth.... My wrist is waving around right in her face... done. Then she says, "Alright, I'll get this faxed in, as soon as they e-mail me, I'll call you. Now go celebrate!!!" How friggin happy is this little camper? I could not believe how smoothly things actually went. I owe all kinds of thanks to my mom, who took charge in my moments of panic, and kept me on the trolley. THANK YOU MOMMY.

So the only things I need now, are my written references, some clothes, I go back on friday to find out that I don't have tuberculosis, cause I don't, right? And next Thursday, after I get my enrollment sheet--I'm good! Can you do the cabbage patch for me? How about the running man? The Roger Rabbit? Will you raise the roof? Okay, I got it... do the wave. Everybody, come on!!! Yeah so thanks for letting me bitch, cause I was very upset about whatever I let my head run away with

5 Comments:

Blogger Nonsensicallyingenius said...

I AM PROUD OF YOU GIRLY!!!!!

8/03/2005 3:28 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

SORRY THE ABOVE WAS ME HEHEHEHEH!!!!

8/03/2005 3:29 PM  
Blogger Nonsensicallyingenius said...

thanks, mom. no, everybody, I just thought I'd give myself the 'ol pat on the back!!! Man, I'm cool.

8/04/2005 12:03 PM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

That's the uh-huh, uh-huhm I like it!!

Congrats to you girl!! I knew you were just bitching the other day... we all have those moments, and I apprecaite your honest blogging style! However, I'm so glad you're over it and back on track!

What the hell is on your wrist?

And fuck yeah I'll do the wave for you! Cyber high-five! And cyber hugs too!

8/05/2005 9:36 PM  
Blogger Nonsensicallyingenius said...

HILARIOUS!!! You rock, Rachael...

8/08/2005 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home