Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com Nonsensicallyingenius: I think I've got it!!!!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I think I've got it!!!!!

Okay, so... I've been back for a month, roughly. Being worthless, having fun, trying to make some sense of this house with my mother, but mostly being worthless. I got my bicycle back from my buddy Jason, and replaced the tubes, the seat, and gave it a horn, so I could go and find a job. Then I took it for a test run to make sure I put it together right. ---"Umm, MOMMY!!!!!- can you drive me up to get a job??!!!" --- You see... I had forgotten about the 20 pounds I'd gained, the fact that I live in Arizona, and that the date is JULY FRIGGIN TWENTY-SEVENTH!!!! Can we say, impossible?

But guess WHAT?! K, so mom gave me the number to the daycare right up the road. (like two blocks away) I haven't worked in a day care for quite some time, over two years maybe. But goodness knows that is the one thing that I can do with my eyes closed, and that is one job that brings me more joy than (don't tell my daddy) a regular lay. So I call, and I ask if they're hiring. Expecting to hear for the fifth time that day, NO!!! But the very sweet sounding lady on the phone almost desparately says, "Yes, can you come fill out an application right now?" Whoa!!! So mom drives me up there (again, the temp. is 111) and I talk to the same lady, who says they need help badly, because enrollment is through the roof. I ask her if she has any positions in particular that need filled, informing her that my favorite, and most experienced ages are two and ones. She says to me, "How would a full time one's teacher sound to you?" Holy, can I kiss you??!! So I fill out the huge application, talk to them for a second, and arrange for an interview the next day, at 2:00pm. ---I went in today at 2:00, and talked to this really cool girl that works in the two's room. She was about my age, and really made my nervousness vanish! She interviewed me for about 20 minutes, and we were both super-excited! All the information she gave me about the place seemed perfect for me, and she was blown away by my responses to her questions. She told me, and everyone else we passed that worked there, that if it were up to her, I'd be hired right there! She gave me the tour, introduced me to everyone, one girl I recognized from middle school, and she totally remembered me. It was AWESOME!! I am SO EXCITED!! So this coming monday, when the director gets back from her personal time off, she's gonna call me and arrange for a second interview, at which (the assistant director said) we'll get all the paper work started, so I can get in and help them!! I AM SO HAPPY.

So, tomorrow, mom and I are going to go get my fingerprint clearance card from the police department, so I can have that upon my second interview. The girls all also said that they needed to renew their CPR and first aid certifications, so I could join them. Dude, this is all seeming to be so perfect. I am more excited than words can explain. I'm not going to be worthless anymore!! The only thing I'm a little nervous about is the tattoo on my wrist, which isn't very friendly. I love it, and don't regret getting it, and if they don't like it, too bad, but still, I hope these people can see past the art I chose to put on myself. Cause, yeah, that'd be great, thanks! In case you're curious, the artist from whom it was inspired is named H.R. Giger. He has a website, if you're THAT interested. It is a twisted art form, but I love it.

Anyway.... There's my last couple days in a nutshell. If you're reading this, Rachel: I've gotten over the jobless hump... I think. did I just curse myself? Does that mean my chances are shot? Does this mean suicide...again?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

I am so excited for you! I have to think that deep down you don't think you're useless. It's sad to read that statement. You're such a pretty chick with lots to offer. If they don't like the tattoo, then screw em'. Although, I don't mean to be nasty to your future bosses... but really. We all have a tatoo don't we? Even if it's not visible to everyone.

7/28/2005 11:54 AM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

Oooooh! I hope you get this!! It sounds right up your alley! Good luck, babe!

7/28/2005 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home