Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com Nonsensicallyingenius: So, how's work going, Dawn?

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

So, how's work going, Dawn?

Funny you ask. At first it was kind of terrible. The lady I work with is a friggin loon, who has no idea what the fuck she's doing. She gives me instructions on exactly what to do, and exactly how to do it, as if I have no clue how to care for children, what they need, or what they want. Her mouth is moving non-stop. I could go on about the passionate hate I have for this woman as a co-worker for days. I won't. As a person, I don't hate her, she's alright... I guess. (besides being a complete LOON.) It took me a while to get fully into the swing of things, which was totally expected, no biggy. As the days go on, though, it's getting easier and easier. The lady I talked to at my first interview, that was really impressed with me, and loved me to death, came in this afternoon, and asked me how everything was going. I told her about how the loon talks to me like I've never even seen a child, but otherwise, it's alright. She went on about how she has been begging the director to let me take her two year old class, because her assistant is going back to school next week. It may be able to happen, the only thing holding me back is the fact that I don't have two years experience in an official day care...... I really think I do, though.... oh well. She kept saying that she is frustrated, because (she said) I am NOT assistant material, that I need to be in my own class, and the loon is best off with somebody who actually has no idea what they're doing, because she is a lazy drill sergeant. blah blah blah.

Let me give you a couple frustrating instances where I wanted to punch the loon in the face... First off, she "WILL NOT" hold these children, because they need to learn how to walk on there own, and independantly follow directions. Carrying them to the changing table, or outside, or whatever, is not "acceptable." Though, she has her favorites, that she holds occasionally, and really does things according to how she feels. This morning, a little girl who has only been there three days was crying hard, and long enough to end up vomiting. Because she wouldn't hold her for a minute, or comfort her. She also allows no "binkeys" (or as I call them, plugs) in the room, except for at nap time. This particular little girl has always had her plug, and was obviously in need of some comfort mechanism. Maybe that's not all that bad, but they're one.... they need complete compassion sometimes, not a hard-ass. Another occurance happened just yesterday; We took the kids outside. It was hot, and humid as hell. Half of the kids were screaming... one, because he's had double ear infections for a week, and has still been brought in every day... We had 12 kids, two are face down in the wood chips, bawling... til I stepped in... She kept going inside, running her stupid little loon-ball errands, leaving me with a playground full of very unhappy babies. Then when we directed them all inside, she washed all the faces and hands, but allowed no one any water. What the fuck??!! So today, after outside time, I took charge, washed faces and hands, and gave them each some water at the sink. All of these minor things she does, I will be correcting. These babies need to be CARED FOR. She also waits till everyone has waken up from nap, to change diapers. She demands that they all SIT DOWN, until she is done changing, which is impossible. The way she does things are just-- really, the hard way of doing things, and I am supposed to follow along with a obediant smile. UUMMMM, you're crazy. Don't get me wrong... the kids are well taken care of, she really does love kids, she just is clueless as to how to handle a group of them.

That last sentence was a little hypocritical, wasn't it? Whatever.... So the job is getting better as the days go by, but I gotta go.

2 Comments:

Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

OMG - that's is horrible. She may "love" kids, but I'm not convinced she understands them! Kids that age NEED to be held and comforted... just ask B.F. Skinner! That is fucked up! Thanks goodnes they hired you, Dawn... you are will soon have the power the rectify her mistakes, I hope. I'd report the bitch! Taking away binkies is already traumatic, but I can understand that it promotes germ-spreading in a group environment... But without binkies she should be willing to give as much comfort as possible. Comforting children does not increase whininess... it reduces it. This fucking story broke my heart!

8/12/2005 11:44 PM  
Blogger Nonsensicallyingenius said...

John, you're so cute!!!! I really love your little picture on your comments... can you wear that on our honeymoon night?

8/13/2005 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home